Our client is the leading retailer of UK carpets, rugs and remnants as well as smooth, wood and natural flooring with shops based in Hampshire and Wiltshire. They are providing a free measuring and estimating service from all their shops as well as having a full e-commerce offer.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, they are now looking for a Store Manager, to join their team in Wilton, Wiltshire to supervise day to day control of all functions and operations within the store.
Store Manager, the role:
- Ensuring that agreed profit and sales targets are met
- Managing staff issues (rotas and annual leave) as well as supporting required training and development
- Supervising professional standards for the tidiness and display in store
- Meeting company procedures in line with expected practises (including end of day, stock keeping, sales records, and estimates)
- Overseeing customers’ and suppliers’ issues – following up on all enquiries
- Monitoring all fitters for the quality of work to be maintained and charges reasonable and consistent
- Identifying and dealing with Health and Safety issues, including regular inspections of alarms and fire equipment
- Liaising with Managing Director and Senior Managers regarding new products or services, sales promotions, website, display systems and advertising issues
- Assisting with e-commerce activity where required
Store Manager, the person:
- Demonstrable previous customer service/retail experience is essential
- Experience in the flooring business would be a distinct advantage
- A positive “can do” attitude and approach to work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good time management skills with the ability to use your own initiative
- A confident individual who thrives on being busy
- Good Leader with whom colleagues and clients like to work
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proud of your standard of work
- Friendly, honest and trustworthy
Store Manager, the benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Commission Scheme
- 20 days of Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing with years of service)
- Free Onsite Parking
This is a full time, permanent role managing a 7 day a week operation.
Pure Human Resources Limited works in partnership with our client in providing HR and Recruitment support. No applications from agencies please.